Looking for a Mac hard drive upgrade?
Mac Ops can replace your old Hard Drive for a Solid State Drive (SSD) increasing the capacity and making your computer run faster and smoother
250GB 2.5" SSD
*From $300 incl GST
500GB 2.5" SSD
*From $400 incl GST
1TB 2.5" SSD
*From $550 incl GST
Newer Macs (retina)
*From $500 incl GST
*From $750 incl GST
*From $900 incl GST
What Macs hard drives can be upgraded?
If your Mac is more than a few years old, you can almost certainly upgrade the hard drive. Unfortunately, if you’ve got a newer model, you’re probably out of luck.
- Find your Mac model
Click at Apple logo > About This Mac
- The modern Macs we are able to upgrade are:
- MacBook Core 2 Duo
- MacBook Unibody
- MacBook Pro 13″ (2009-2012)
- MacBook Pro 13″ with Retina Display (Late 2012-Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro 15″ (2008-2012)
- MacBook Pro 15″ with Retina Display (Mid 2012-Mid 2015)
- MacBook Pro 17″ (All Models)
- MacBook Air 11″ (All Models)
- MacBook Air 13″ (All Models)
- Mac Mini (All Models)
- iMac (All Models)
- iMac Pro (All Models)
- Mac Pro (All Models)
This means that the Mac models you can’t upgrade the hard drive in are:
- Retina MacBook (All Models)
- MacBook Pro 13” (2016-2017)
- MacBook Pro 13” with Touch Bar (All Models)
- MacBook Pro 15” with Touch Bar (All Models)
HARD DRIVE REPLACEMENT PRICING:
*We will provide a quote based on your model and any labour, testing, and software required as part of the upgrade.
Ready to upgrade the Hard Drive?
Courier computer repairs
from any location in New Zealand.
1. Choose the repair you require
2. Make payment using paypal, credit card, or bank transfer
3. Print or write out a form and include it with your device when you courier it to our office in Queenstown.
4. We fix your computer and free courier it back to you on the same day we receive it.
*Clear instructions are included once you have placed an order.
We are a specialised independent service and repair business based in Queenstown. We help customers who need repairs from an independent service provider for Apple, Samsung and other smart device products. Repairs that are completed by Mac Ops will be provided with a back to Mac Ops service warranty, however some repairs completed by us could potentially void any associated manufacturers warranty on devices. Mac Ops can facilitate in warranty manufacturer repairs for customers.