MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner
The MakerbotDigitizer Desktop 3D Scanner allows you to scan your 3D object and import the 3D file to your computer. When you have digitized the 3D model you want to work with, you’ll be able to modify, multiply, improve, and share it for 3D printing. The MakerBot Digitizer is optimized to work with MakerBot Replicator desktop 3D printers, MakerBot MakerWare, and Thingiverse.
Using MakerBot MultiScan technology, the MakerBot Digitizer allows you to scan objects from multiple angles to capture the top, bottom, and even the hidden parts of your 3D object. With up to 200,000 triangles on a single 3D object, you can also “merge” all the different angles into one 3D model for improved accuracy.
- MakerBot MultiScan Technology
- MakerBot MultiScan Technology allows you to scan objects from multiple angles to capture the top, bottom, and hidden parts of your object. You can then “merge” them together to create a high quality 3D model.
- Optimized for 3D Printing
- With just two clicks, the MakerBot Digitizer easy-to-use yet sophisticated software creates clean, watertight 3D models that are ready to 3D print. MakerBot optimized the whole process to work seamlessly with MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D printers. However, the MakerBot Digitizer provides standard design files so you can use them on the 3D printer of your choice. You don’t need any design or 3D modeling skills to get started, and it all happens in just minutes.
- MakerWare for Digitizer
- Behind the two-click simplicity is a powerful and complex reconstruction process. MakerWare for Digitizer contains an algorithm that connects hundreds of thousands of points into a seamless digital mesh in just seconds. There’s no patching, stitching, or repairing required, so you can skip straight to your creative process.
- Modify Your Design
- The MakerBot Digitizer outputs standard 3D file formats so that you can improve, shape, mold, twist, animate, and transform objects in a third-party 3D modeling program. The file you get from your scan is the starting point. Adding one 3D model to another is made easy through MakerBot Thingiverse and third-party software, such as MeshMixer. You can also scale your 3D model down to create smaller pieces in MakerWare for Digitizer. If you just want to make some changes to your 3D design, you’ll be able to sculpt it according to your preference with a third-party modeling application, such as ZBrush.
- Share It
- MakerBot built sharing directly into the MakerBot Digitizer experience. Send your 3D design files to friends, family, and colleagues, or easily upload them to MakerBot Thingiverse, a large community for sharing 3D designs